Jeep has borrowed the vaunted Hellcat engine from sister company Dodge and stuffed it under the Grand Cherokee’s hood. Named Trackhawk, the supercharged off-roader will be one of the uncontested stars of this week’s New York Auto Show.
Dropping the supercharged 6.2-liter V8 in the Grand Cherokee’s engine bay was easier said than done. Earlier reports suggested Jeep needed to either ditch four-wheel drive in favor of rear-wheel drive, or settle for using a detuned version of the Hellcat engine. In the end, engineers managed to clear every hurdle and they avoided making compromises.
Check out the All-New 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee at Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Downers Grove today!
The legendary off-road icon is getting even more capability to tackle the most demanding trails — introducing the new 2017 Jeep®Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition.
Designed for improved off-road prowess with an upgraded front axle, enhanced rock rails and heavy-duty cast differential covers, the new 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition is equipped with even more protection for die-hard 4×4 enthusiasts who seek the most severe, rugged terrain. The new 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition also looks every part of a four-wheel-drive icon, with new exterior and interior enhancements and unique color options.
Based on the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon model, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition ups the off-road ante with a front axle upgrade that features strengthened tubes and heavy-duty end forgings, heavy-duty cast front and rear differential covers and enhanced off-road rock rails that are shortened to accommodate up to 35-inch tires.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition is one dominant 4×4 vehicle, and it comes complete with a toughened exterior appearance to match. A Low Gloss Black grille with Low Gloss Granite Crystal inserts and headlamp rings, Low Gloss Black off-road bumpers and Jeep badge with a red base add aggressive style. In addition, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition includes a distinctive half-inch lift, new 17-inch Low Gloss Granite Crystal-painted aluminum wheels wrapped in 32-inch BF Goodrich KM off-road tires, optional body-color fender flares and a dual-vented Power Dome hood with a black-silhouette “Rubicon” decal on both sides. Finally, the winch-capable steel front bumper is equipped with removable end caps for climbing obstacles, while unique red tow hooks complete the rugged appearance.
Covering the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition in mud is fun, sure. But you may want to wash it off occasionally to reveal one of seven available colors on the four-wheel-drive icon: Black, Bright White, Billet Silver, Firecracker Red, Gobi, Rhino and Granite Crystal.
Inside, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition comes with the bold style and design of black leather-trimmed heated front seats with red accent stitching and a “Rubicon” embroidered logo, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The Recon theme continues with black vinyl-wrapped front door armrests and console lid with black stitching, red accent netting on front and rear door pockets and the center console, and red accent-colored seatbelts. The passenger grab handle features Midnight Star Black accents that are also found on the vent rings, steering wheel spokes and door pulls. A unique gauge cluster features exclusive Recon styling.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition is rounded out with details and touches like all-weather slush mats with a red accent “Jeep” logo and red-accented axle locker and sway-bar disconnect switches. The Jeep Connectivity Group, Power Convenience Group, remote start* and automatic temperature control are also standard. Ready to take the trail? To learn more about the new 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition, visit www.zeiglerchryslerdodge.com.
Ram Trucks revealed both of the Heavy Duty models for the first time at the 2017 Chicago Auto Show. Based on the Sport appearance package, the Night adds blacked-out features, including wheels, grille surround and badging, to deliver an eye-catching twist on the performance-enthusiast package.
If you’re looking for a way to stand out from the crowd – these Heavy Duty Night models will do just that.
Bold “RAM” tailgate with blackened-out lettering from Ram Power Wagon®
Black Ram’s head grille badge
Flat black Ram 2500 or 3500 Heavy Duty door badge
Flat black 4×4 tailgate badge (if applicable)
Flat black powertrain door badging
The Night package is available on Ram 2500 and 3500 (single-rear-wheel models only) in Crew Cab configurations, 4×2 or 4×4, and any available powertrain combination (5.7L HEMI® V8, 6.4L HEMI V8 or 6.7L Cummins® I-6).
Ram 2500 and 3500 HD Night models are available in Bright Silver Metallic, Bright White, Brilliant Black Crystal, Delmonico Red Pearl and Granite Crystal Metallic.
Production of the 2017 Ram HD Night models began early February 2017. Ram Heavy Duty Night pricing starts at $45,520 MSRP, plus $1,320 destination.
The Pacifica’s anti-van styling and innovative features will wow families, and will likely catch the eye of even the most minivan-averse. Outside, this Chrysler’s curvy lines and elegant face are a radical stylistic departure from the Town & Country’s look. But it’s inside where it scores the biggest points, packing loads of features — and a few surprises.
Like most minivans, the Pacifica has seating for seven or eight across three rows, but where it excels is in the features department. Loads of available creature comforts will keep Mom, Dad and the kids happy, from an available built-in vacuum cleaner and revised Stow ‘n Go seats to the van’s plentiful USB ports for device charging and its Uconnect theater’s twin touchscreens with built-in apps for rear-seat entertainment.
But it drives well, too. Long and heavy, minivans are not known for their handling prowess, but Chrysler made great strides with the Pacifica. It’s much less of a chore to drive than the old Town & Country, with improved handling and maneuverability, especially when parking. It feels tighter and more composed in corners, and ride quality is better, too. Driving a minivan doesn’t have to be a chore and with the Pacifica, it’s a delight.
It’s also one of the most fuel-efficient vans in its class with an EPA rating of 22 mpg on the highway. But it can do better. In plug-in hybrid trim — the segment’s only hybrid — it’s EPA-rated at 84 mpg-equivalent during electric-only driving and has an electric-only range of 33 miles. When driven like a traditional hybrid, it’s EPA-rated at 32 mpg — 10 mpg better than the gasoline-only 2017 Toyota Sienna with front-wheel drive and 12 mpg more than the 2017 Kia Sedona.
In many ways, Chrysler turned the minivan segment upside down with its new Pacifica. It out-styles, out-drives and just plain out-wows the rest of the class. With the Cars.com Best of 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, it’s families who win.
Not only does the All-New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica offer up slick and sporty style, it’s the perfect vehicle for all your family needs. Mopar accessories let you take your active-family lifestyle a step further with everything from sports and cargo carriers to premium protection parts.
1) Haul the bikes and venture the trail with the Thule Hitch-Mount Bicycle Carrier.
The hitch-mount carrier sets the standard for performance and ease of use, with an improved swingaway design that allows for rapid rear-vehicle access. The T3 cradles lock down bikes while still allowing complete adjustment along the bike arm, and the no-sway cage helps prevent bike-to-bike contact.
2) Travel cross-country and store your items in the Weatherproof Luggage Carrier.
This heavy-duty, black nylon carrier can easily be installed to provide additional storage space. The Weatherproof Luggage Carrier can be used with production-style roof racks with cross bars, sport utility bars or removable roof racks.
3) Load up the kayak and surfboards with the Thule Roof-Mount Watersports Equipment Carrier.
The Watersports Equipment Carrier provides the perfect combination of stability and simplicity in a single package. The low-friction design provides the slickest and easiest way to load a kayak, combining hull conformance and lateral stability.
4) Protect and keep your carpet clean with All-Weather Floor Mats.
These floor mats created for all weather types are molded in color and feature deep ribs to hold water, snow and mud—a must during inclement weather.
5) Prepare to hit the slopes with the Thule Roof-Mount Ski & Snowboard Carrier.
With an oversized push button for easy opening while wearing gloves, the carrier fits shaped, traditional and blade-style skis and most snowboards. It carries up to six pairs of skis or four snowboards and secures to utility or roof-rack crossbars.
With the new 2017 Dodge Challenger GT All-Wheel Drive (AWD), the world’s first and only AWD muscle coupe, there’s plenty of power to go round. Dodge Challenger GT delivers uncompromised year-round performance and all-weather traction — rain, sleet, snow or shine — everywhere and anywhere the rubber meets the road.
No matter the meteorologist’s forecast, the Challenger GT provides muscle car enthusiasts all-weather driving confidence, seamlessly transitioning between rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive with no driver intervention. Who needs a weather report? Sensors indicate the need for additional traction and the system automatically engages the front axle, instantly shifting the Challenger GT into AWD mode.
The power and performance of the Challenger GT comes courtesy of the same high-performance AWD system found in the Dodge Charger AWD with an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect. The award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar® V6 engine is standard, delivering 305 horsepower at 6,350 rpm and 268 lb-ft of torque at 4,800 rpm.
Best of all, the Challenger GT is a high-performing, boldly designed muscle car to the core. A tuned induction system and dual exhaust from the manifolds back to the tips help deliver more than 90 percent of the engine’s peak torque from 1,800 to 6,400 rpm — all for outstanding drivability and responsiveness. With the standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, Challenger GT offers up to an EPA-estimated 18 city/27 hwy miles per gallon (mpg).
With 1971-inspired design, both inside and out, the Dodge Challenger GT features refined exterior styling and heritage muscle-car appearance with split grille, pronounced and functional power bulge hood, LED halo headlamps and LED taillamps. In addition, Challenger GT includes standard premium content including heated and ventilated front seats trimmed in Nappa leather, 8.4-inch Uconnect® touchscreen featuring Apple CarPlay® and AndroidTM Auto, aluminum interior bezels, 19-inch aluminum wheels, ParkSense® rear park assist system† and projector fog lamps.
Winter has arrived, and this season it may just be a welcome sight. Whether you’re commuting on slippery roads or adventuring up a snowy mountain pass, Challenger GT AWD is made to handle almost anything Mother Nature has in store, putting equal parts power and control in drivers’ hands.
Fall is in the air, and for Jeep®Wrangler enthusiasts that means the adventure is just getting started. With legendary 4×4 capability and best-in-class off-road performance* on Rubicon models, the Jeep Wrangler is ready to blaze new trails on your fall color tour. Of course, the crisp autumn weather means that, for many, it’s time to secure the hardtop again to provide additional protection from the elements.
Are you ready to tackle the season head-on?
Whether you’re forging your own path in remote destinations or on your way to a weekend camping trip under the brightly colored foliage, the Trail Rated badge signifies your ability to perform. And with available Garmi GS Navigation with audible turn-by-turn directions and SiriusXM Travel Link, the Jeep Wrangler serves as both your map and your compass for on- and off-road fall excursions.
On August 16, 2016, Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Downers Grove and Downers Grove North High School Speech Team co-hosted a “Booster Club Fundraiser Presented by the brands of FCA” and raise $3,000 for the Speech Team. During the fundraiser, held in conjunction with Downers Grove North high School, FCA contributed $20 for each test drive taken in a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram vehicle.
“It is very rewarding for FCA to partner with Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Downers Grove on this wonderful program that gives thousands of dollars to local booster clubs to support their high school students,” said Jeffrey Kommor, Vice President-Sales Operations, FCA. “It’s a win-win program for parents, the dealership and students alike, and a great way to showcase our exciting 2016 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram vehicle lineup.”
“The fundraiser was a great opportunity for Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Downers Grove to give back to our community,” said Brian Malpeli, General Manager, at Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Downers Grove. “We enjoyed working with the parents, teachers, and students at Downers Grove North High School. On behalf of Zeigler and FCA, we would like to thank everyone who took the time to test drive in support of the Speech Team.”
FCA school programs support student enrichment in communities across the United States, and have raised more than $7 million since 1993. Last year alone, the company and it’s dealers helped raise more than $1 million for elementary, middle and high schools nationwide.
A black grille surround with black “Hex Perf” pattern inserts
Bold “RAM” stamped tailgate with blacked-out lettering from Ram 1500 Rebel model
Black Ram’s head grille badge
Flat black Ram 1500 door badge
Flat black 4×4 tailgate badge (if applicable)
Flat black 5.7L HEMI® door badging (if applicable)
20 x 9-in. gloss black aluminum wheels
P275/60R20 black sidewall all-season tires
The Night Edition package is available on Regular Cab, Quad Cab and Crew Cab 1500 Sport models, in both two- and four-wheel drive, long and short bed lengths and with a choice of 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 or 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engines.
The Ram 1500 Night Edition is available in Bright Silver Metallic, Bright White, Brilliant Black, Flame Red and Granite Crystal Metallic.
Production of the 2017 Ram Night Edition begins in late 2016. Pricing will be announced closer to the on-sale date. Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Downers Grove will be informing you soon.
New innovations and safety and security features go hand-in-hand in the All-New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. Building on more than 30 years of FCA minivan tradition, the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica offers a fresh spin on a classic family vehicle, mixing the latest in technology with the best protection available on the road.
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica has over 100 standard and available safety and security features to help keep your family well protected, Stow ’n Go seating that provides best-in-class cargo volume1, and available hands-free sliding doors and liftgate to help you when your hands are full. Available in late fall is the Pacifica with hybrid technology — the first ever hybrid minivan.
SAFETY AND SECURITY FEATURES ON THE 2017 CHRYSLER PACIFICA | 5 OF 100
We understand your family’s safety is invaluable, and thus the Chrysler Pacifica is purpose-built with more than 100 standard and available safety and security features to ensure you feel well protected on the road. Here are five advanced features you may find particularly useful on your next drive.
1. The lane you choose: The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is designed to give you a hand on the road. The available LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist 2 uses a camera-based vision sensor to detect and measure vehicle position within lane boundaries. If the system senses unintentional lane drifting, it will engage to provide a visual warning and will provide gentle corrective action to keep you on course, so you reach your destination safely.
2. Safety and security is straight ahead: Similar to LaneSense, the available Forward Collision Warning 3 utilizes radar and video sensors to detect whether the Pacifica is approaching another vehicle or an obstacle in its path too rapidly and assists you in avoiding an accident by providing audible and visual warnings. If you still don’t respond, the system will provide autonomous braking. It’s like a backseat driver you don’t mind hearing from.
3. Safety and security you can visualize: Follow the gridlines with an available 360° Surround View Camera 4 that provides a bird’s-eye view of the Chrysler Pacifica and its immediate surroundings, using four cameras positioned around the vehicle to create a fully stitched image. Dynamic gridlines help guide you, with the ability to select between front cross-path and rear cross-path views.
4. Enjoy peace of mind when you cruise: Even when it’s time to just cruise, safety and security remains of the utmost importance. Thankfully, the available Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go 5 is an intelligent cruise control system that utilizes radar and video sensors to identify vehicles in your forward path and maintain a set distance between the Pacifica and the vehicle in front of you.
5. Eyes in the back of your head: When you drive a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, you’re keeping more than just the people inside your vehicle safe and secure — it provides eyes on the things behind you as well. The available ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System with Stop6 helps detect obstacles near the rear of the vehicle to help you maneuver into tight spaces at parking speeds. A graphic display in the instrument cluster notifies you of the proximity of an object and the system will bring the vehicle to a full stop, if necessary, to help avoid a collision. When backing out of a parking space, the Rear Cross Path Detection system6 will alert you if the sensors detect vehicles or objects crossing your path.
With your family’s safety and security in full control, you’ll be able to enjoy the new innovations and technology that make the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica so much fun to drive. You and your passengers won’t be able to get enough of all that’s new. Take a look:
37 NEW INNOVATIONS ON THE 2017 CHRYSLER PACIFICA
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, with a laundry list of new innovative features, is most certainly the first of its kind. It delivers on form and function, convenience and performance, technology and style, and safety and security. Here are a handful of the 37 minivan innovations you’ll find handy and exhilarating on your next road trip.
· First minivan with second-row Stow ’n Go seats with second-row Easy Tilt with child seat installed
· First minivan with Stow ’n Go Assist
· First minivan featuring available 10.1-inch touchscreens in second row
· First minivan featuring available “Are We There Yet?” navigation app
· First minivan with available in-vehicle embedded games
· First minivan featuring available capacitive touchscreens
· First minivan available as a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (Pacifica Hybrid coming fall 2016)
· First minivan with available Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist system7
· First minivan with available hands-free power sliding doors (late availability)
· First minivan with available hands-free power liftgate
· First minivan with available LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist2
· First minivan with available Forward Collision Warning3 system with mitigation
· First minivan with available dual-pane sunroof with third-row fixed glass
· First minivan to offer optional 20-inch wheels and tires
· First minivan with capless fuel fill
· First minivan with USB ports in back of front seat
· First minivan with all-LED interior lighting for all price classes
· First minivan with available video USB port
· First minivan featuring available Bluetooth® remote with touchpad
· First minivan with 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) cluster display screen
· First minivan to use an electronic parking brake
· First minivan with a nine-speed automatic transmission
· First minivan with KeySense programmable key fob
· First minivan with available Rear Park Assist System with Stop6
· First minivan with rotary e-shift knob
· First minivan with safe hold technology
· First minivan with active grille shutters
· First minivan with available in-vehicle wireless device connectivity
Count on over 100 standard and available safety and security features and 37 innovations on the Chrysler Pacifica to help make the journey to your destination not only hassle-free and enjoyable, but also safe.